New Short-Term Liability and Cancellation Insurance for Event Hosts


The Event Planners Association brings a much needed and highly desired piece of the risk management puzzle to EPA members and their clients though our partnership with Markel, the leading supplier of short-term event liability and cancellation insurance.


Event and wedding planners, event producers and venues now have the ability to offer their clients, a simple solution to their liability exposure and peace of mind through the EPA - Markel partnership. This creates a win-win opportunity for EPA members and their clients!


While event planners and hosts are focused on the planning and execution of a flawless event, Markel is focused on giving everyone peace of mind and protection should the unexpected occur.


General and Professional Liability Coverage


Insurance is one of the foundational elements all business owners need to consider. The Event Planners Association strongly recommends its members carry specialized liability insurance as a means of protection and is working with insurance industry leaders to make liability insurance coverage affordable to all. Members will receive up to 10% off their liability insurance premiums.


Who Needs Insurance?


All business owners should carry general liability coverage. General Liability (GL) insurance is designed to offer specific protection against third party claims. GL covers claims of bodily injury or property damage that may occur on your premises or at other covered locations and are caused by either direct or indirect actions of the insured. GL also covers the cost to defend or settle claims – even if the claims are fraudulent.


Schools, churches, city parks and most venues throughout the U.S require proof of insurance for an event to work the location.


Professional Liability (PL; sometimes referred to as E&O or event planner insurance) insurance coverage is particularly useful for event professionals. Specialized, event planner professional liability insurance covers you and your company in the event a client holds you responsible for a service you provided, or failed to provide, that did not have the expected or promised results. No one is perfect – PL covers mistakes.


Inland Marine (property) and Accident & Health coverage are also advisable as needed.



Coverage is available for the following businesses, services and equipment:


  • Airbrush – Temporary Tattoo Artist
  • Amusement / Inflatable / Games
  • Bungee Trampoline / Zip Line
  • Caterer
  • Concessionaire / Exhibitor / Vendor
  • Entertainer / Performer
  • Event / Meeting / Wedding Planner
  • Family Entertainment Center (FEC)
  • Haunted Attractions / Pumpkin Patch / Corn Maze
  • Manufacturer
  • Mechanical Bull
  • Special Event
  • Trade Show / Consumer Show Exhibitor
  • Venue
  • Wedding Event


To discuss coverage needs with in-house insurance specialists please call 866-380-3372.