By: Crystal Nicole Soto | November 11, 2016
The best way to stay up to date in your business is find resources, and event blogs are chock full of goodies! Many help organizers and attendees get the most out of their conference planning and event going experience.
We’ve put together all the must-reads to stay informed and get inspired!
1. Bizbash: Bizbash is one of our favorite outlets for inspiration! Get creative ideas for your next conference and see what is trendy in the event world while getting the scoop on where and what the leading eventprofs are coming up with.
2. Techsytalk: One of our fave event profs is the creator of this awesome blog. Liz King kills it with content that includes great event planning and technology tips and news. They are quick, digestible articles, and always very sharable. We can’t go without our daily dose of Techsytalk.
3. Event Tech Brief: These guys are super event AND event planning software driven, so we go together like peanut butter and jelly. Reading their blog will give you insight into emerging trends on the conference tech circuit.
4. Conferences That Work: This is another great source for tips on how to create memorable events. Adrian Segar, one of our favorite eventprofs, writes this blog, and we think it is a must-read for first timers and conference planning pros alike.
5. PCMA: The Professional Convention Management Association has a pretty cool blog! It is called Convene and is full of event-dedicated gems to educate and expand your mind. They have some very rich and valuable content, so check this joint out!
6. Bizzabo: The Bizzabo Blog has been listed by Capterra as the number one event planning resource for organizers, let alone the best blog. We publish carefully crafted content multiple times a week in order to keep our readers on the cutting edge. In addition to creating content for event organizers, Bizzabo also built award winning event registration software that allows users to plan all aspects of an event in one place.
7. Event Manager Blog: This blog is only the holy grail of all things events (no big deal). From event management software reviews to social media, Julius and his team cover all their bases. Plus they always have a fun, new take on event ideas. Don’t miss these posts!
8. Velvet Chainsaw: Our man Jeff Hurt knows what he’s talking about. On his blog, Velvet Chainsaw, he shares noteworthy posts on a regular basis. His ideas are innovative and he always has a fresh take or different perspective on the event industry. We think this blog should be on the top of your must-read list.
9. Meeting Pool: Talks of event apps, social media, tech, and so much more can be found on this site. Dahlia El Gazzar and Tara Thomas, two veteran event planners also curate great content from other relevant sources as well, providing you with everything an event organizer needs.
10. Connect Magazine: In addition to publishing a fantastic magazine, Connect Magazine continually publishes great articles on their blog that gauge the temperate of the industry. Recently, they published a piece on sexual harassment at events that is a must read for any organizer.